Wednesday, November 13, 2013

HOP N SNACK

You know what? I started a whole heartfelt response to Autism Speaks' terror mongering, homogenizing "Call to Action," along with everybody and her mother.

Then, while I was bounding around, naked, hemorrhaging some of the 2.3 million dollars - each - it apparently takes to raise me and my son, I found, via my friend One Quarter Mama (http://www.onequartermama.ca/2013/11/wondrouswednesdays-hop-n-snack.html#),  a response that will be hard to top:

http://wayshelter.com/Toolbox/InitiativeAction/Hop_n_Snack.htm

Hopping and snacking -- hope you are too, ya deviants,

Love,
Full Spectrum Mama

3 comments:

  1. Just read your post plus the other two bloggers and the original Autism Speaks site. These people don’t get it. I think you and the other reasonable responders are handling things well. I hope a more balanced set of voices is able to be heard at their event. Believe me, I struggle with this feeling all the time. I sat in the State House last week, listening to a roomful of 60+ year old white guys talk about “liquoring up sorority girls and having your way with them” as a definition of rape. Unfortunately, you gotta play ball with these folks. The squawkiest wins. So, you gotta let ‘em have their ridiculous say and let them embarrass themselves. That’s when you swoop in and deliver accurate information that is more persuasive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,
    Fabulous perspective. We can swoop in and deliver that information naked, and while stimming and snacking, riiiiight?
    Love,
    Full Spectrum Mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *** Nekkedness NOT relating to State House but Autism Speaks!

      Delete

Dear Readers, Full Spectrum Mama seeks to honor and represent a Full Spectrum of opinions. All reasonably coherent comments will be published. If you are having trouble posting a comment (for reasons I cannot figure out, most people do??!!) , please email FSM @:
jineffable@gmail.com